Thursday, July 23, 2009

Psycho: At Least He Keeps the Place Clean.


Ah so here is the movie that started my horror movie obsession. The first time I saw it I was in the 2nd grade. The night after watching it, I couldn't take a shower without looking out the curtain every minute. People say Psycho ruined showers like Jaws ruined going to the beach, and they couldn't be more right. 

This is my favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie, and it's no surprise it makes #4 on Bravo's list, as well as countless others. 

The character of Norman Bates is perhaps the most perfect horror villain to ever be imagined. He is so nice and gentle, yet of course has a dark side/alternate personality.

Then of course there is the fact that our main character dies in the beginning of the film! Hitchcock did many groundbreaking things with this film and it will continue to be a masterpiece. If you haven't seen this you deserve to be punched in the head.

Other great aspects; the amazing music score, the shower scene cinematography, the mother's creepy voice, the ending picture, all the stuffed birds on the wall, the list goes on...

Here is my favorite trailer, of Alfred Hitchcock actually leading you through. It's quite spectacular in it's own right.

4 comments:

Film Gurl said...

One of my favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie, definitely a classic! Nice post! :)

Gory said...

Rear Window will always be my personal favorite Hitchcock film but I just loooooove Psycho. It's Hitchcock's most visceral film. And it has one of the most creepiest shots ever. When Sam is yelling for Arbogast and they cut to Norman Bates at the swamp. The slow move in on him is just so terrifying to me.

Andre Dumas said...

Rear Window is so fantastic it hurts my head! I don't know why I haven't done a post on that....hmmm!

I became a Hitchcock nut after watching Psycho while on vacation in the 2nd grade. After that I rented almost every single film that the library has of his- which was A LOT. Those were the days!

Frankbooth said...

"If you haven't seen this you deserve to be punched in the head."

Just stumbled over this blog. Anyone who would make the above statement is okay by me!