Sunday, January 17, 2010

They Live: What Does The Cheese Dip Even Mean?





I suppose it's time to come clean about something. Last night, I saw John Carpenter's They Live for the first time. It was everything I could have hoped for and more. Unfortunately for all you lazy people you will have to travel one step further in order to read that review. Head on over to Horror Movie Empire and check it out here. In case you unaware, Horror Movie Empire is steadily building up to be your one stop shop for all things having to do with horror. DVDs, books, magazines, TV shows- and I am helping out by reviewing some of the stock- so go on check it out!!

They Live was amazing- and to relive that amazement here are a a few golden moments in video and pictures.....enjoy.



I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.



Put the glasses on! Put 'em on!



You? You're Okay. This one- real fucking ugly.


Mama Don't Like Tattletales...






Buy They Live at Horror Movie Empire!


7 comments:

the jaded viewer said...

The Timmy vs Jimmy fight scene parody of this is super awesome. South Park copied it scene for scene.

Super awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmWb0HPTB9A

Dod said...

The original fight scene and the parody: priceless!

I was a Roddy Piper fan of old and when I found out he was going to be in a John Carpenter film, my head exploded.

I kept hoping Piper would use the "put the glasses on" line during one of his matches, but alas.

Franco Macabro said...

I like the themes and the sci-fi elements, and its an entertaining flick. But I find a lot of flaws in it every time I see it.

B-Sol said...

One of the highlights of my WWE years was sitting down for a couple of hours at a photo shoot with the Hot Rod and picking his brain on all manner of things, including this film, of course. The man is one of a kind.

Paul Castiglia said...

Without a doubt one of the most underrated genre flicks of the '80s - I remember when it came off how many people dismissed it out of hand because it starred Rowdy Roddy Piper. Well surprise - he's great in it! And Carpenter is his usual great self directing a very interesting future scenario - a nice sci-fi action update of "1984." And oh yeah, the most amazing fight scene committed to film since the late great Arnold Stang declared "We're gonna' have to kill him!" right before he and Marvin Kaplan tried to battering-ram Jonathan Winters in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!" :)

Sean Springett said...

Such a great film. No matter how many times I've watched this, I am ALWAYS entertained.

Anonymous said...

I worked out that i`d seen "They live" over 200 times during a 4 year period, thats the sign of a truly great movie.