Friday, November 20, 2009

Village of the Damned: Aw Man Not That Creepy Kid Again!


I can't believe I didn't realize the really scary kid from The Innocents is the same really scary kid in The Village of the Damned. I cracked up when I read the IMDB forum where people complained that his voice being dubbed was distracting. Yeah obviously you haven't seen The Innocents or else you would know that that kid just naturally has one of the creepiest voices on the planet.

So Village of the Damned centers around a village- obviously, and one quiet day the entire village passes out- for a good couple of hours. They awoke later in a daze and did not remember a single thing that happened. A few months later all women capable of child birth become pregnant, and a few months later each child is born- bearing similar traits of blonde hair, scary eyes, and weird finger nails. The children grow and development at an alarming rate and the village soon realizes that these aren't children....they are aliens!

I will start off by saying that I loved loved loved the beginning of this movie. I was so pleased and excited that all the action happened right away and that I didn't have to pick my nose until something weird happened. The images of all the townspeople passing out is really amazing. The guy on the tractor, the woman ironing, and of course the bus were really creepy and unsettling.

Now lets get to the these children.


What a bunch creepers. First of all they all wear black pea coats. Second of all, their hair is exactly the kind of blonde hair that I HATE. No offense if you have that color hair and again no offense if I scream out loud if you have that color hair and I see you. Their eyes and the way they walk around in a pack and just stare at people....yikes. Then there's also that little issue of how they drive people to commit suicide by using their mind control powers! Pretty awesome super power if you ask me. I can think of a few people I would like to try that one out on...

Overall, a classic movie with some truly creepy and memorable scenes and images. I love the idea of the whole village fainting at once- and how some time during that- aliens impregnated the women! A true while you were sleeping moment! As creepy as it was it really makes me appalled at Bravo's decision to not include The Innocents on their 100 scariest moments list....what a bunch of whores.

Buy The Village of the Damned at Horror Movie Empire!

4 comments:

Chris H said...

Oh man, I had no idea it was the same kid from The Innocents either! Wow.

Now I want to watch this again and I might even watch the Carpenter remake to make sure it's as crappy as I remember.

Now you have to watch The Children!

Andre Dumas said...

Soon soon! Tonight I'm too busy chowing down on burgers. Tomorrow though is reserved for The Children!

Gory said...

I have to admit I have not seen The Innocents which I will now do.

Haven't seen Village of the Damned in a long time. I should check it out again. Watch it and The Innocents back to back would be fun.

Andre Dumas said...

Ahh The Innocents is probably my favorite classic movie as of late. There is just something so unbelievably creepy about it...I hope you enjoy it, let me know!