Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What Do You Think of First? A Quiz to Prove That You Are Horror-centric.





I often proclaim myself a born again horror fan. One who was NOT sneaking away to my friends house to watch scary movies or staying up late and subjecting myself to snot spitting/puking demons (Well okay I tried but ran away only a few minutes into it). But lately I find that I am sad because everyone I know seems to have watched horror movies since they were 5--while I was busy playing with my Norfin trolls and watching movies like Babe the Gallant Pig. But what if I don't believe all you horror nuts? What if your over working mind of horror is a little too good to be true? So here are few questions to see if you're really the horror addict since birth that you claim to be. And no, this is not meant to be taken seriously. And I suppose yes, it may be a generational thing but let me be, it's hot outside and my creativity is low.




Question #1: When hearing or reading The 23rd Psalm with the specific excerpt:

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...




Do you think of A.

The blind preacher in They Live

or B.


Coolio



Question #2: When seeing Danielle Harris grown up do you think fondly of


A. Halloween 4 & 5






or B. Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.




Question 3: You see Isabella Rossellini walking down the street and you say to her

A. OMG I loved you in Blue Velvet, nice boobs!



or B. OMG I loved you in Death Becomes Her, nice boobs!





Question 4: Dick Miller's real name is



A. Dick Miller, what else would it be?



or

B. Murray Futterman






Question #5: You found The Sixth Sense to be utterly terrifying.

A. False! It's not a horror movie it's a thriller.


or

B. True! I was shaking in my boots!



Well? Did you pass? Sadly, you all probably did. If you answered A for all of them than I guess you are horror-centric or just really old. I guess that's what I deserve for trading in the Exorcist for Babe the Gallant Pig. But I don't regret it because Babe the Gallant Pig is one of the best movies ever made. He's a SHEEP PIG!

10 comments:

Jessica Penot said...

I'm horror centric. Good Quiz.

Matt-suzaka said...

Danielle Harris = Roseanne, duh! She totally tried to bone David behind Dar's back.

Andre Dumas said...

I'm handing over my pride and responding super quickly but really?! That is too good to be true. I personally wouldn't know because Roseanne was a show that TERRIFIED me as a child (along with Married with Children) I think I got a really strong trashy vibe from both. and Roseanne makes me barf a little bit. I could never understand why anyone would marry her...

matango said...

A second quiz of yours that I fail, Andre. (The first was the screen capture one.) Why isn't the Sixth Sense a horror film? Also, I think the non-horror answer for Danielle Harris should be the Last Boy Scout.

matango said...

That's what I get for not refreshing the comment page. I second Roseanne. I didn't like that show either. I didn't get why her show was so popular. What the hell were she and Tom Arnold doing in Freddy's Dead?

Andre Dumas said...

But matango failing is what you want- because I fail because I do not have a horror centric brain when it comes to these things. The horror centric answer for the sixth sense is that its not really a horror movie or that most fans of horror do not find it scary--which I find repulsive. Sometimes people have a hard time admitting they liked an M night Shymalan (i can never spell his name) movie. But I still think it's one of the scariest movie experiences I've had and an actual pretty solid movie at that!

But yes--failing means you win. Passing means you are fooling yourself. Whoever doesn't call Dick Miller, Murray Futterman is a liar.

and what?! the non horror answer is of course don't tell mom the babysitter is dead. I will always remember her in that role. Siiiigh.

matango said...

I like his first two movies.

Wait, why is Blue Velvet a horror movie?

Matt-suzaka said...

Roseanne and Married With Children are my two favorite shows of all time! They are both funnier than 99% of that shit that passes for network television nowadays and the first few Roseanne Halloween episodes are classics! You need to recognize!

Andre Dumas said...

Because it's David Lynch. It's really all about context here. Since I didn't see Blue Velvet until recently I saw Isabella and thought OH Death Becomes Her Lady, but she's obviously better known for.....better stuff.

Beyond the Wall of Sleep said...

@Andre While Gremlins is one of my all time favorite movies, I probably associate Dick Miller more strongly with Walter Paisley from Corman's Bucket of Blood (which he cameoed the same role for Chopping Mall, oddly enough).