Saturday, July 10, 2010

Everyone Has the Willies!



I'll admit it. The main reason I asked everyone to come up with their own top 10 Willy Inducing Moments was to make everyone use the word "Willy" in their title. I wonder how many people thought we were talking about something else. And by something else I mean of course Big Willie Style himself, Will Smith.

So anyways I couldn't be more thrilled and excited by the amount of responses I got to my little challenge. Each list was well thought out and had me exclaiming out loud in agreement. It just goes to show that the concept of creating a list, a universal list of what is considered to be scary is pretty pointless because what scares us is typically individualized. And plus there are way too many scary moments not only in horror but EVERYWHERE that it becomes impossible to place a rank on any one of them. I'm not saying Bravo's 100 Scariest Moments isn't a valid compiling..it just doesn't make that much sense in the overall scheme of things.


So big thanks to everyone who made their own lists, I hope you all had as much fun as I did filling people in on what scares you most. Without further ado, here is a list of all those that participated. If I missed you please let me know! Or if you have yet to do one, and would like to, I can add you later. Remember; don't be afraid to show people your willies....... tehehehehe



































17 comments:

Pax Romano said...

All of those exposed Willies - Jada would smile (and probably even Tom Cruise, from what I've been told).

Dod said...

So many of these moments means so many more movies to add to my Netflix queue!

Daniel Danny Dan said...

The only reason so many of us partook (Partaked? Partooken?) is because you inspired it lady. I've come across a few decent topics but because the content was, well, made of poo, I quickly forgot about it.

I'm glad you made the remark about Bravo's 100. While I loved the special and am thankful for it, it was ultimately less about actual moments and more of a movie countdown.

matango said...

This seems appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-56CNh5S7GU

Sadly, no real video.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am ashamed to say that some of the movies listed on these entries I have not seen! Looks like my next few days will be catching up with my horror queue.

Thanks for including me, btw! <3

Sarah E. Jahier said...

All of these lists have been awesome to read!!

Inspired by your original post I hope to have my own list soon!

dave stewart said...

This is great! Mine are up at Bloody Terror:
http://bloody-terror.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-top-10-willy-inducing-moments.html

Thomas Duke said...

Hey Andre I did my own list, but narrowed it to only include stuff I saw on T.V. as a kid. Check it out...if you dare!

http://moviebullstuff.blogspot.com/2010/07/top-10-willie-inducing-moments.html

Fred [The Wolf] said...

Hey Andre, here's my list: http://www.fullmoonreviews.net/2010/07/fmrs-top-10-willy-inducing-moments.html

Mikey Sarago said...

Oh damn, I forgot to post my list: http://horrorful.blogspot.com/2010/07/top-10-willies-inducing-moments.html

It's so awesome that you got so many people to play along. I was almost starting to forget what it felt like to be scared, so it was nice to recollect all these great, creepy moments.

deadlydolls said...

Love these lists and can't wait to add mine! Congrats on being such a trendsetter!

Rabid Fox said...

Wow. That is a list and a half--and I still need to write mine too. :)

Jen said...

Awesome job Andre! I have had so much fun reading these lists! I just posted mine at:
http://zombiesaremagic.blogspot.com/2010/07/top-10-willy.html

Thanks for putting this together!

Kinky_Turtle said...

Here's our list! This was such a great little project, I loved it! http://mendthiscrack.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/gives-me-the-willies/

Rabid Fox said...

There. I finally got my top 10 list posted. Here.

Andrei said...

Oh man, I'll never get some sleep now! Oh well, at least I finally finished up my list. Yay!

http://screambloodyentertainment.blogspot.com/2010/07/willy-inducing-moments.html

The Scream Queen said...

Hey, thanks for the mention -- it was a fun list to make :o) Great idea!