Well it had to happen sometime. I've been given my very first blogging awards. 3 to be Exact only 2 are the same so I guess it counts as one- but I still say it's 3. First thank you goes to Matt from Chuck Norris Ate My Baby. I've often told Matt that I'm secretly calling him my sister blog (brother blog? I don't know how that works) or maybe he'll want to go public who knows. Anyways we are very similiar in our writing styles and he's been cracking me up since day one and he's the best. Thank you Sir!
Secondly to JLG of The Good Indoorsman- not only does he bring thought provoking and well written comments to my blog- he writes a fantastic one of his own! JLG's insights are completely well thought out and superb- I'm so flattered to be getting this award from him. Thanks JLG!!
OK These are the guidelines
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated
This is the part where I talk about myself.
1. For 23 years now, my hairdresser has thought that my name is Andrea. It was a vicious rumor that got started- when I was youngin' and the truth is I never corrected it because I felt stupid- but now I feel even more stupid because I'm 23 years old and still can't tell someone that my name is actually Andre. Whoops. In case any hairdressers from Cut Loose Hair Salon ask, just say my name is Andrea. Oh and for the record I did correct them once but then the boss lady said Andrea again one time which made everyone else think they were wrong in calling me Andre. It's a horrible cycle.
2. I have a terrible fear of vomit. If you throw up in front of me I WILL punch you in the face.
3. I enjoy trashy TV- I do- so sue me. Right now my life is on hiatus while I wait for a Rock of Love type show to happen again- Rumor has it Bret Michaels is done with the series- but that doesn't mean all hope is lost. I'm still holding out for another Charm School.
4. I found out a month ago that I had been spelling the word "toilet" wrong for most of my life. Thanks for telling me guys.
5. I once had a dream that I was about to eat a giant stack of pancakes. I woke up right as I was about to take my first bite. I was so angry that I willed myself back to sleep and resumed the dream in the exact place I left off. It was nothing short of a miracle.
6. It is my belief that Jesus is responsible for only one thing in my life-- delicious sandwiches and also possibly chips but let's not push it.
7. Coke tastes better in a can. If you disagree we can no longer be friends.
Time for Me to Gush About my friends!
Zombies DON'T Run: Chuck chuck chuck. Chuck Conry is a terrific human being. Not only do I agree with most everything that he says but he's also a truly awesome person, and always a pleasure to talk to on the Twitter-verse. Plus he voted for me in the Ms. Horror Blogosphere competition so he rocks! And plus HE just gave me another award as I'm writing this. Thanks Chuck!
Screamstress: I hate websites that only regurgitate boring horror news. Alison of Screamstress however is a large exception to this rule because she's awesome, an extremely talented writer- and always somehow makes me interested in every single thing that she says- genius! Plus she's all into the paranormal news too...I love ghosts! And plus I know she'll always be there when creepy men are being creepy. : )
The WGON Helicopter: Dod March is the upcoming heart and soul of the horror blogging world. He has the same kind of appreciation for movies as I do and he listens everytime I give him a recommendation. He's ridiculously nice, and always interesting to talk to. Put WGON Helicopter in your reader NOW.
Hey! Look Behind You!- Nicki Nix, another fellow contestant of MHB contest is needless to say awesome. I love her blog and how she pays special attention to short horror films- and BONUS points she found a random scene from Liar Liar on youtube for me last night and pretty much saved my life.
Kindertrauma: Kindertrauma is the first blog/website I ever started reading- and basically was all the inspiration I needed in order to get my own started. A lot of my fascination with horror movies came from something that traumatized me at a young age- and Kindertrauma keys into that exact notion. They are my favorite favorite website in the world- and will never fail to crack me up with insane amounts of laughter (and screaming).
The Deadly Dolls House of Horror Nonsense: A few minutes of reading Emily's delightful blog will immediately tell you that she is one of the most intelligent and wonderful writers out there. Her insight into the horror world and her overall knowledge of all things horror will never cease to amaze me.
Horror Crypt: Bloofer Lady is the fresh breath in the blogger world that I have been waiting for. She's not afraid to say what she wants- even if it means losing a few Twitter followers. Her rants on horror are something I always look forward to- and her deliciously snarky attitude is not far from the likes of yours truly.
Tada! You all get this!
Wear it proudly my friends, wear it proudly.
OK Award number 2 is pretty frickin awesome and is only given to 5 bloggers- it's called the Zombie Chicken Award- which is awarded based on this criteria.
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken – excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words.
This one was given to me by my dear friend B-Sol of the Vault of Horror whom you may remember put on the very popular AND controversial Ms. Horror Blogosphere Contest which I lost ...BOO! but that's ok because the Zombie Chicken Award is awesome. Thank you very much B-Sol, you've made my day! And now to pass the honor on to 5 worthy bloggers.
Dollar Bin Horror- Ms. Rhonny Reaper- who posts almost as much or possibly more than I do! Her blog is one of the most creative I have ever come across- and what a great idea. Brava!
All Things Horror- Mike & Chris- my Boston homies till the end. These guys rock and put on a mini movie festival every single month. They gave me hope that although we may not be the great land of Chicago- Boston can still bring some excitement to the horror scene. Sweet moves guys!
Fascination With Fear- C.L. Hadden- Another fearsome lady who posts a ton of great stuff. Sunday Bloody Sunday is one of my favorites as well as her pretty frickin awesome sick ass Best of the Decade list in which she follows nobody's rules but her own! You go woman.
A Gory Place- Gory- Gory's blog is some pretty sweet stuff. It's not bogged down by 1000 words of artistic prose (I do that sometimes whoops!), he says what he needs to say and says it brilliantly. Well done well done!
Day of the Woman- BJ-C - I know B-Sol already gave this one to BJ-C but I can't resist! She is every woman's woman through and through. Her blog is the only feminine side of horror type of blog that I actually pay attention to and like. She provides non-stop entertainment and is more loved than any Blogger I know. Woman you are the tits. Literally (hehe!!)
So there you have it. I'm sure everyone is going to be swamped with awards due to all of this action- but all the more reason to spread the love! And for real I love you guys. Enjoy your super duper awards.