Thursday, August 5, 2010

Images of Beautiful Blood.


I must say I was secretly thrilled when B-Sol of The Vault of Horror tagged me in this wonderful meme (started by Checking On My Sausages) about screen grabs. The spiel is. If tagged, you pick a theme and take a variety of screen shots that embody said theme. Since I'm always blabbing on about beautiful blood this and beautiful blood that, I figured there was no easier way to show you exactly what I mean than through this meme.

I've been a promoter of beautiful blood ever since I began taking a liking to horror films. In fact, I'm almost positive it was beautiful blood that made me start liking horror films. When normal people get all huffy and puffy when I say that I think blood is beautiful, I try to point out to them that the blood I'm talking about isn't your typical blood. It's not blood for the sole purpose of gore rather, this blood seems to have a purpose. Its purpose is to make our eyes pop, to make us catch our breath, and to make us wonder out loud of how beautiful it really looks. I would tell anyone that most of these shots are really just art. I'm serious when I say that and don't be surprised when I have a few posters made of some of these. This is blood at its finest and most sophisticated. Consider yourself cultured. Also, not all of these are horror movies because beautiful blood exists EVERYWHERE.








Let the Right One In



Dracula A.D. 1972



Who Can Kill a Child?



Blood and Black Lace



Halloween 2 (1981)





Suspiria




Amadeus


Martin



Full Metal Jacket



Deep Red



Session 9



Two Thousand Maniacs!



A.I. Artificial Intelligence


Kill Bill Vol. 1


One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest



Funny Games



Stigmata



Don't Look Now



I Spit On Your Grave/ Day of the Woman


Suicide Club


American Beauty


Oh right I'm supposed to tag 5 people.

Ummmmmmmmm ummmmmmmm

Sorry if you've been tagged already--I can't keep up!






12 comments:

B-Sol said...

Simply outstanding! Yes yes yes yes to Amadeus.

Stephen said...

Wow, some great images, especially SUICIDE CLUB and SUSPIRIA.

I'm not sure I'd call the blood in all of these beautiful. More like disturbing.

Stephen said...

Blood can make for a stunning image. As Jean-Luc Godard said, "blood isn't blood. It's red"

Morgan said...

I really love those images of Lance Guest in Halloween II and Kevin Spacey in American Beauty!

Pax Romano said...

Bloody Brilliant - Kill Bill and the blood in the snow!

BJ Colangelo said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love all of these images. If you haven't yet, there's an INSANELY beautiful shot in "The Children" when it's white snow and the blood just overtakes it. You'd geek over it.

Anonymous said...

These are some AMAZING images!
Dreaded Dreams
Petunia Scareum

Andre Dumas said...

Thanks BJ-C! I very much enjoy The Children because of all the blood on snow, but I didn't have a way to capture a glorious screenshot, although I probably could have if I did some extensive YouTube searches. Snow is always the best opportunity for beautiful blood!

Emily said...

I LOVE that image from Blood and Black Lace!!!! and you're right, blood and snow go together like chocolate and more chocolate!

Thanks for tagging me :) I'm working on mine right now!

Dod said...

This reminds me: I HAVE to watch Session 9 again...

Beautiful list!

Rabid Fox said...

It's a good thing I'm not as squeamish as I used to be as a child around blood, otherwise I'd be lolled over beside this computer right now. :)

Rabid Fox said...

http://waggingthefox.blogspot.com/2010/08/meme-myself-i-must-love-dogs.html

I just posted mine if you're curious to see.